The winter 2021 sketch is the painting of Monroe Avenue in Corvallis, Oregon. Many Oregon State University (OSU) employees reached out to say how much they appreciated this image now that they are working remotely.
All cards and prints are produced on card stock. Cards are 5.5″ x 4.25″. Comes with painting name and location. Prints are 8.5″ x 11″. Prints include the post for the sketch on the back side of the print and artist’s signature.
Monroe Avenue is on the northern edge of the OSU grounds. It is home to many businesses. The avenue connects the OSU grounds to downtown Corvallis. In this view you can see the county courthouse tower in downtown.
Business on Monroe Avenue
It is home to many business serving students, faculty and staff at OSU. Some business on Monroe Avenue include:
- Bombs Away
- Mexican restaurant with a backroom bar.
- American Dream Pizza
- Local favorite for pizzas and salads.
- McMenamins on Monroe
- Classic Oregon brew pub chain serving burgers and rice bowls.
- Coffee shop with vegan menu.
Many are open for takeout. Hopefully, they will be fully open soon.
Sights near Monroe Avenue
The businesses on Monroe Avenue are great places to rest after exploring the OSU grounds. Some notable things to see on the OSU grounds include:
- Reser Stadium
- Home of the OSU Beaver football team. You can buy sports swag across the street at the Beaver Store.
- OSU Historical District
- The historic core of the OSU campus. This area has good examples of early 20th century architecture.
- Memorial Union (MU)
- The historic student union building that is part of the OSU Historical District. The MU has Java II coffee shop, cafeteria and a lot of seating.
- Irish Bend Covered Bridge
- Covered bridge in OSU’s research pasture. A good walk from Monroe avenue.